Measuring approximately 50,000 square feet, the new facility provides a 25% increase in square footage over the school’s former site, allowing for a design that is driven by the specific needs of middle and high school students in the 21st century. The renovated facility far exceeds the standards adopted by the State of California, and provides a cutting-edge educational environment with an advanced technology infrastructure.
The facility meets or exceeds state green building standards, and the rooftop solar array provides over 60% of our electrical usage.
Thanks to the generous support of our school community, Pacific Collegiate School moved into its permanent home in the fall of 2015. Pacific Collegiate Foundation acquired the former DASCOM building on the west side of Santa Cruz, and transformed the building into a modern educational facility exclusively for PCS.
Features of the PCS Campus Include:
- A well-outfitted library with views of Monterey Bay
- 3-D science and technology labs
- Modern technology interfaces throughout
- LED lighting throughout
- A multi-use student union
- An expansive outdoor deck overlooking a student accessible riparian area belonging to the Santa Cruz Land Trust
- Indoor and outdoor spaces designed to provide ample opportunities for students to study, relax, and engage in informal interactions and small group collaborations
- Spacious rooms and high ceilings throughout
- New heating and cooling units, and operable windows for fresh air
- Specific designs for PCS’s curriculum areas and needs
- A quiet location surrounded by green space, multi-use trails and nature opportunities, and near to Long Marine Lab and Wilder Ranch
Join Our Community
Enter your email address to receive our annual PCS/PCF newsletter